CNS System - Surveillance
This module is common with the equivalent module from AGCSE Master - AVI13 Surveillance
Overview of all the Sensor of Surveillance which are used and spread in ATM context of Surveillance.
Analyse the surveillance needs and requirements of the civil aeronautics.
Explain the Principals Theory of detection of all the present tools of surveillance in civil aviation.
Demonstrate the global integration in a more complete of surveillance ATM/CNS Strategy.
Illustrate the evolution that requires the implementation of coordinated facilities with communication and navigation functions.
Engineers and executives.
1. Operational requirements :
En route surveillance.
Airport and Terminal surveillance .
2. Radar-based surveillance techniques :
Primary radar, Airport System Detector Equipment.
Conventional Secondary radar (Mode A/C).
Secondary Radar (Mode S).
3. Multilateration : LAM-WAM :
Principle of Detection.
4. Automatic Dependent Surveillance :
5. Surveillance processing and application :
Radar and Surveillance tracking.
ASMGCS concept (Advanced Surface Mouvement Guidance and Control System).
STCA concept (Short Term Conflict Alert).
6. European Normalised Digital Format of messages for Surveillance (ASTERIX)
7. European Standard Radar assessments and radar processing asses SACC)
8. Anti collision system :
ACAS : "Airborne Collision Avoidance System".
TAWS : “Terrain Awareness & Warning System”.
ASAS : “Airborne Separation Assurance System".
For information only : 50 hours